Desperation
Sunday we went to Bolton South for the morning service. We were not doing anything in the service, but Lisbeth, Lukas and Maria was going ice skating with the corps after the service. We arrived just when the service was supposed to start. The hall was packed. We managed to find a few free spaces up front and sat down to enjoy the service. It was good and lively, loads of children involved, but also good worship. The sermon was based on the story of Abraham and Isaac from Genesis. Strange text for an advent meeting you should think, but it was really, really good managing to link Easter into Christmas at the same time.
When the service was over I set of for one of our other corps, where I was supposed to present their Natural Church Development profile to the corps. I had already met with the leadership team twice after they had received the profile, so the purpose of this meeting was to present it to the corps and for the leadership team to present what they had planned of first steps. Their minimum factor is Holistic Small groups, which is almost to be expected from an Army corps. The corps is also un-officered just now, for the first time in their more than 100 year long history, but the leadership team is really stepping up to the challenge. We have now set a course for the next 3 months and then we will see how things have developed.
Lisbeth and I had bought tickets to go and hear Handel’s Messiah at Bridgewater hall in the evening. Can’t remember last time we went out for an evening like that. It was a first for both of us, Messiah that is. It was the Hallé Choir and Orchestra performing and it was really good quality. We both agreed it had been a good and interesting experience, but not something we would want to do every year. I found it fascinating, that the whole congregation stood up for the Hallelujah chorus. It took us a little by surprise, but it was clearly what you were expected to do, so we of course stood up. I must admit I doubt there was anything religious in it, probably more just tradition. That was kind of confirmed when no one stood up for the last Amen chorus, which is at least as much worship as the Hallelujah chorus. I considered doing it, but as we sat on the last row, it would not really had made much effect!
I had 2 days off last week, but today it is back to normal, but just for 2 weeks, and then there will be 2 weeks off. I am actually looking forward to that, although Lisbeth has let me know she expects I will take care of the Christmas preparation, since I have time off before Christmas! Not sure what the rest of the family would think of that though!
Went to Borders bookshop today and bought a book about a Web design programme I have downloaded in a trial version. If everything goes as planned I hope to produce a very simple homepage by the new year, but don´t hold your breath.
That was all for now. Only 5 posts left for this year.
PS!
The title of this blog refers to my state of mind trying to find a heading ending on “..ation”. I will not continue that list any further than till the end of the year, but if possible want to keep going that long. Anyone have any ideas for headings for the last 5 posts which fits the list that has been going on for a while and of course not used yet? Any help will be appreciated
8 comments:
I think the title of your blog should be- Andersenation Newsations.. can't think of a better choice! seriously.. Lots of other comments going round my head, round my head.. but, please, excuse me..I have to go and twinkle some bright stars in the hall now!
Colouration could be a good one, but only if it has 3 points!
how about Communication, Indoctrination, Introduction?? The list could go on and on - I'm sure you could make it through 2009!! ;-)
Even better! 3 Colouration of Ministration!!!!! I know it should only be one word but its been a while since I hijacked someone else's idea and twisted it to within an inch of its life!
Take your pick...
http://www.wordbyletter.com/suffixes/words_finishing_with_ation.php
This web page could keep you going for the next 10 years.
I am totally overwhelmed. I was sure colouration was a word Graeme just constructed, but looked it up at found it is a real word.
I like the idea of indoctrination, should have thought of that my self.
Sarah's list is truly overwhelming. Problem is of course it is not enough to have a word, there need to be some content to go with it.
Thank you for all your suggestions, I am full of admiration in the realisation of your manifestation of identification with my paralyzation. I will now do an evaluation of all the stimulation received and after due consideration come up with a new publication.
Hurrah!
I think!
not hurrah, Graeme! hurrahation!!!
Post a Comment